This is a series of posts detailing different methods of printing out a graphical representation of a tree in using a bash shell script. It culminates in the building of a recursive shell script.
- Breaking down Dem Pilafian’s one line command to display a tree of a directory
- Breaking down Dem Pilafian’s script that uses the one line command
- Modifying the one line to show files, as well as directories
- Building a new recursive script that looks better and has more functionality
- Optimizing the code by removing the array and adding strings